Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Garden Log (Number 2:) - March 5, 2008

Boy, I can't even go a day without something growing. Here are a few more introductions...

This first little guy just sprouted today. This was from a bonus seed pack I got with my last order. It's called Furry Yellow Hog Tomato, and is supposed to produce furry, ping-pong ball sized, white and yellow or green striped fruit. Since I took the photo, the other two seeds of I planted also came up.



And there's these little fellows, Garden Cress planted in a Bonsai container. They're living in my kitchen by a South-facing window.



Today was my first "harvest". Some radishes that went to Sarah at Downtown Home and Garden.



And here's a row of basil plants growing near the cress. These were started in a couple pop bottle containers and more recently transferred and thinned. Two varieties are represented here: Licorice and Lime Basil. A Kalanchoe I'm rooting is also making a cameo appearance.



Yum.

1 comment:

K. Sarah Sarah said...

the radishes were an amazing treat. not just for the incredible color, size & shape. (remember, these came out of a BASEMENT). They carried with them that indescribable smell of fresh, moist, nutritious dirt.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw them was not eating them. I wanted to sit down and draw them.

Thankyou Jeremy.

Sarah Kaufmann @ DHG